Friday 16 September 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block BR4 Candy Dish

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  BR4 Candy Dish
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  BR4 Candy Dish
Many of you will be aware of the Dear Jane quilt exhibition that was held in Nantes, France back in April 2013, where I shared some lovely photos.  I mention it because there will be a 'Twenty Years of Dear Jane' exhibit at the 2016 Houston Quilt Festival in the USA.  Sadly, I have no plans to be there, but I just want to make sure that you don't miss if you do.

My Dear Jane quilt won't be ready for an exhibitions in November, but it really is close to having all the central blocks completed.  It is my birthday in a few weeks time, so look out for the birthday special!

Meanwhile, another day, another Dear Jane block.  This one is BR4 Candy Dish, using all those lovely Kim Diehl blue fabrics.  It is all English paper pieced as usual, but I did applique the little shape on the top of the block.
Techniques: English Paper Piecing and Applique
Pieces: 22 pieces


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the heads up about Houston. I will keep an eye on it in the hope of more inspiration.
    Your triangle blocks are splendid, Frances.
    A small aside- after a round trip of 21/2 hours I now have my background fabric and the palette for my DJ sorted. This weekend will see some fabric washing and block draw sorting I hope. Mp
    Love your blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blues too. And imagine all the Dear Janes in one room like that. Lots of swooning going on for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors!!! Almost finished!

    ReplyDelete