Monday 6 November 2017

On Ringo Lake - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017

'On Ringo Lake' Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt
'On Ringo Lake' Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt
You may have noticed that this week Bonnie Hunter has launched her 2017 Mystery Quilt - On Ringo Lake.  Will you be taking up the challenge this year?  I have done several of her quilts in the past and it has been thoroughly good fun and I have some beautiful quilts as a result. 
However, don't get too excited as I have already decided that I don't really have time to do it this year - I was just curious to see the colour scheme.  What do you think?  As usual I think I would change it around a bit as with just the four colours you could probably come up with something quite delicious.
'On Ringo Lake' Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt
'On Ringo Lake' Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt
If you are looking for a project to fill in that slow time between Christmas and New Year, I can recommend heading over to her blog to see what is in store.  I expect I will be an onlooker, but will be checking out the progress over the next few months. 

8 comments:

  1. Alas, not time for me either. I will join you in your "lurking". I love to see what people come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look but don't participate...the blocks are a little out of my league. Like Wendy, I love to see how people interpret Bonnie's patterns. You do have pretty fabrics there, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never taken part in one of her Mystery Quilt projects, I really have enough on at the moment but I do love the colour pallette she has chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably will go ahead and join in, but giving myself the permission to stop at any point I'm no longer amused. However, I do love the colors she's chosen this year, but its so much fun to try a different colorway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you are taking on another project, plenty of blog posts to come. I am sure Molly and Buddy will enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. I've done Bonnie's mystery quilt the last 2 years and even though it's a busy time of year, and I have a bunch of other projects in the works, I feel that I would be missing out if I didn't participate. It is so much fun making the quilt along with so many other people, especially since you can link up each week. Also, I accomplish a lot more in a small amount of time, since there is a lot of motivation to keep up with the clues. You have made some really nice mystery quilts in the past and I am sorry that you won't be doing it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always think of doing her mystery but never get around to it. I do like her color scheme this year but do not have many in the colors she suggest and I'm not good at selecting my own for a mystery so if I did it I would want to do as she does

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you around at my blogg. I had decided not to participate in the mystery this year, but I was lost when I saw her colours. They were mine too and I shopped in my stash. Lucky me.I am not good at changing colours, but I would like to try it with å tiny quilt, may be a few blocks just to see what happens. No one will know if it turns out badly :)

    ReplyDelete