Wednesday 6 November 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 81

Block 81, Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 81, Nearly Insane Quilt
Here is another red and white block for the Nearly Insane Quilt They are quietly getting done, and with just 41 pieces, this one was relatively painless.  My new 'favourite' fabric is  the 'Sketch Basic' cross-hatch fabric by Timeless Treasures.  It is a great medium tone for the blocks.  Medium tones have been quite hard to find on this journey.

Reverse - English Paper Piecing
Reverse - English Paper Piecing
For a  bit of variety, I have included a picture of the reverse of the block, showing the English Paper Piecing (EPP), and all my numbering to make sure each piece is put in the right place.

I have also spent some time this week building up my stash for my 'Celtic Solstice' Mystery Quilt, starting on 29th November.  I'm still looking for 'tangerine' orange, but it is quite elusive in the shops in my area.
Sparky 1995 - 2013
Sadly this week I have also had to say goodbye to one of my feline quilting helpers.  Sparky was over 18 years old, but pretty much 'lived the dream' in cat world throughout his whole life.  He will be missed.

NUMBER OF PIECES:  41
DIFFICULTY: /10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle, 1 1/2" (38m) x 1" (27mm) x 1" (27mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Square,  1 1/2" (38m) x 1 1/2" (538m)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Cherry Sketch Basic Collection by Timeless Treasures #C8224
Holiday Treats Red Packed Peppermints by Timeless Treasures
"Days Gone By" Exclusively Quilters (Rose Print)
Red Star on white
Red with white pindot (unknown)

  

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Frances. He looks like a contented cat sitting on that beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{hugs}}} I sympathize as today I too had to say goodbye to one of my feline helpers...a month shy of his 17th birthday.

    Love seeing the updates and look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about Sparky, but it sounds like he had a wonderful life with you. Another gorgeous block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry to hear about Sparky.
    Love your NI quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely there is some Halloween themed fabric that might help? I have some tangerine which was part of the Moda Oz collection. How much do you need as it might only be a fat quarter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Frances I'm sorry to hear that Sparky has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I hope you have many fond memories of quilting together!

    ReplyDelete