Saturday 30 November 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 56

Block 56 Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 56 Nearly Insane Quilt
Life has been busy here, so getting my Nearly Insane blocks done has been more of a challenge lately, so this block really does deserve a Whoop Whoop.  I managed to get most of it done at a new quilting group that I have joined at Busy Bees Patchwork, Newport.  We are called 'Worker Bees', as we meet up after work, once a month.  We all stitch on different projects and it is great to see what everyone is doing.
Block 56 , Salinda Rupp Quilt
Block 56 , Salinda Rupp Quilt

Each block I do becomes my new favourite, and this is no exception.  Pretty fabrics, pretty block, and pretty easy to put together.  This is the last one of the latest draw, so time to start thinking about the next batch.

I was going to head down to the West Country Quilt Show in Shepton Mallett, today, but instead felt I would get more value from my time if I actually sat down to do some stitching - there are so many projects needing to be done.  Bonnie Hunter has released the first part of her Mystery Quilt, there are Christmas projects half done, and Christmas presents to be made ... see you later.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.

NUMBER OF PIECES:  64
DIFFICULTY: /10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle, 3/4" (18mm) x 1/2" (13mm) x 1/2" (13mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Triangle, 2" (50mm) x 1 3/8" (36mm) x 1 3/8" (26mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Cream Bias Check Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater for Moda  #5495 11
Lazy Daisy Red by Mama Said Sew Collection by Sweetwater for Moda (M 5494 21)
Friendship (Tonal Red) by Howard Marcus for Moda (Collections For a Cause) # 46130
Red Sprig print (unidentified)

 

5 comments:

  1. We just followed your blog! Please come follow us back! Thanks.

    quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, would you believe it, only the week before last my friend was telling me about Busy Bees.

    All those red and whites look fantastic together.

    Love from The Other Side Of The Bridge,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty block! Love the white on red floral fabric. I have also just joined a Friday night sewing group, what a happy coincidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You.re amazing, Frances, and before I got to your second paragraph, I said (in my head), 'this is my new favourite block' ... spooky!! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE seeing your progress on this amazing quilt, but it sure does make me appreciate BIG pieces! I would be completely insane. ;). It is truly amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete