Friday 21 February 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 3

Block 3 , Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 3 , Nearly Insane Quilt
No time to stop, I need to get these blocks done.  Block 3 of the Nearly Insane Quilt was a nice little easy one to get things back on track.  I have also been designing, cutting and packing up my little travel packs, so that I have to excuse for idle hands.
Unpicking English paper piecing ...
On my year review I realised that there were a few blocks that could do with a revamp, so if they are not too much trouble, I am hoping to make a few improvements here and there.
Block 36 was the first to be done.  I just had to unpick the four corner pieces, cut out four more pieces of fabrics and get them sewn back on.

Block 36, getting a make-over! Nearly Insane
Block 36, getting a make-over!
Somehow the red corners seem to bring the block together, more than the original design.  It didn't take long, but I know there are some that need a bit more work than this.

I have also been starting to consider how I will quilt this special quilt.  It has required a lot of research and consideration of how I get my tops quilted in general. Any thoughts?

NUMBER OF PIECES:  44
DIFFICULTY: 1/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square  3/16" (10mm) x 3/16" (10mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Square  1 1/2" (39mm) x 1 1/2" (39mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Cherry Sketch Basic Collection by Timeless Treasures #C8224
Red Garden Pindot by Michael Miller Fabrics 
Spraytime (Scarlet) by Makower #2800-R06

Chloe's Closet 30's Playtime - Red Flowers
Calico

4 comments:

  1. Your attention to detail never ceases to amaze me, that block does look so much better with the make over. Do you plan on quilting by hand?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the old block - but you are right, the re-vamped one is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new red corners for #36 make the block just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was only thinking about this quilting issue the other day - that is the problem with the detailed quilts like this - how to enhance the piecing and so maintain the exquisite detail? I will ponder further on this one.

    ReplyDelete