Saturday 14 February 2015

Miniature Block of the Month February 2015 - The Quilt Room


Minature Block of the Month February 2015 - The Quilt Room
Miniature Block of the Month February 2015 - The Quilt Room
Here is the February edition of the Miniature Block of the Month FREE from the Quilt Room, Dorking.  I am really enjoying this BOM so far.  Just one block means I can usually get it done quite quickly during one evening after work.

Just like last month I have put the pattern into my Electric Quilt software and printed off the foundation patterns.  I am pleased with the colours of the 'Snowman Gatherings' fabrics I am using.  I haven't taken any of the papers out yet.  I love the firmness and stability it gives - it reminds me of the more refined finish you get with dressmaking when you add an interfacing.

Suzi the Cat on her Cat Mat quilt
Suzi the Cat on her Cat Mat
We have had some warm winter days here lately which makes for hard work if you are a cat.  Moving from room to room following the sun is exhausting!

Joining up with Feline Friday! and Crazy Mom Quilts.
 

2 comments:

  1. Your BOM is quite stunning. I love the hue blue! I have often wished I was a feline. They have the best life following the sun around the house, sleeping on a quilted pretty or two! Your Suzi looks terribly contented; she looks as if she is in cat heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love piles of paws!! Kitties always sleep in the most entertaining poses and always in the sun! Love your block - it has so much movement!

    ReplyDelete