Tuesday 8 September 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block C-12 Family Reunion

Dear Jane Quilt - Block C-12 Family Reunion
Dear Jane Quilt - Block C-12 Family Reunion
I was back in my comfort zone with this one. Lots of little English Paper Piecing squares, again just half an inch square.  Block C12, Family Reunion is a mini Irish Chain block and whenever I do small squares like this it reminds me of my scrappy Irish Chain quilt and makes me think how great it would be to do one with just half inch squares...

Suzi the cat helps out with rotary cutting
Suzi the cat helps out with rotary cutting
You will see from the photo that Suzi the cat is pleased that I am on another marathon sewing project.  She has been helping out with the rotary cutting and with only a few blocks done so far she is able to get them all onto the floor with just one swipe of her tail.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 49

5 comments:

  1. They are tiny squares! I can't imagine making a while quilt out of them. Glad you have a helper at the cutting table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing and I love your cute helper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naughtly little Suzi!! Hahaha. Love the block!
    I was thinking the other day that I will be done with my big hexie quilt next month and the other shortly after that...it's time to pick another big hexie quilt. Both of yours are inspiring but I have yet to decide... Dear Jane has been on my list forever - like since before I started EPP. I think I was terrified of it before...not so much now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love working tiny and this is so pretty. I am planning the CW and FW Diary quilts for next year - may be I should add DJ to the list too.

    ReplyDelete