Thursday 8 December 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Corner Block TLC Sadie Rose

Dear Jane Quilt - Corner  Block TLC Sadie Rose
Dear Jane Quilt - Corner  Block TLC Sadie Rose
As you know, the Fabadashery Blog is a haven for English Paper Piecing with other techniques only occasionally getting a look in.  However, you very rarely see my touching a hexagon, perhaps the most traditional of all English Paper Piecing shapes.  To be honest I find them an awkward shape to deal with, so I avoid them if I can.  Today I am showcasing Dear Jane corner block TLC Sadie Rose which is made up of octagons, OK, still not a hexagon, but I think I deserve some congratulation for my attempts.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing and Applique
Pieces: 30 pieces

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! And, yes I am proud of you. I cannot believe how close you are to the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That corner is awesome. The block of hexagons should definitely have been a Dear Jane block...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I never noticed your aversion to hexagons. Oopsie. I am making something similar to the octagon section that are supposed to look like pumpkins. Clearly, it's for October 2017. LOL.

    ReplyDelete