Sunday 4 December 2016

Part 2 - En Provence, Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2016

Part 2 - En Provence, Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2016
Part 2 - En Provence, Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2016
Part 1 of the Bonnie Hunter 2016 En Provence Mystery Quilt didn't give much away, but with Part 2 there is the fun of second guessing what she has in store for us.  It is early days, so this layout guess is pretty much all I have come up with.  With a different colour scheme I also had to decide which fabric would be my constant.  The dark fabric I have chosen is actually a rich purple / plum colour, the darkest in my fabric selection - not sure what your 'device' is showing you.  My favourite line of her instructions was  'there is an Accuquilt die for this size.'  It certainly made light work of her cutting instructions and reminded me of how far I have come with my quilt making skills since I started participating in Bonnie's Mystery quilts.
Part 2 - En Provence, Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2016
Part 2 - En Provence, Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2016
This triangle block is familiar from the Celtic Solstice Mystery quilt in 2013 which makes me think that they will be placed in sets of four and that the quilt will be made up of 25 + 24 blocks.  Again, based on the layout of Celtic Solstice, I have done 72 for my smaller quilt.

I have been joined by a few friends and family for this Mystery Quilt and we are all doing different colours, sizes and layouts.  With all our different approaches it has highlighted a little clue from Part 1.  If you are keeping to one colour you only needed to cut 45 plain squares? So what about the other 176?  At this stage I think the 45 are for the blocks of the quilt and the rest are for the border - what do you think?

Looking back at my guesses from previous years I have been hopelessly wrong - LOL! 

I will be linking up on Monday and with my 'homework' done also with Kathy at Slow Stitching Sunday! I'm off to do some more work on my Dear Jane.

8 comments:

  1. I love Bonnie's mystery quilts and have never been right about my guesses... it's always a mystery right to the end for me!
    Enjoy your hand stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I've made 50 for my half size version & have been wondering how they'll fit in. I've also faffed about with my fabric choices; and they may well change again when we see the next clue. Looking forward to Friday already!
    Happy DJing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to guess what she'll be doing this soon. But fun to try and look back to see what you got right. I bet the dark plum color will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall be following your progress with this Mystery, I had thought of it myself but too much going on. Just read the post from Sally T and see she has succumbed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of the same idea you did putting clue 1 and 2 together but I think Bonnie's much more devious than that and will surprise us with where these Tri Recs units go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! Can't wait to see the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing everyone's guesses. Love the contrast of your plum and the 2 neutrals. Can't wait to see your colors for yesterday's purples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plum was a good alternativ colour. Love to see the quilt.

    ReplyDelete