Tuesday 12 February 2019

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt - First Year Anniversary

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt  - First Year Anniversary
The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt  - First Year Anniversary
The other day I was pondering about the progress of my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt and browsed back through the blog to find out when I started it.  The first post was 12th February 2019, so I though I had better show you all a photo of all the blocks done so far. 

In total I have done 66 blocks which represents 59% of the blocks, with an average of 5.5 blocks a month.  Before my big prep day over Christmas, stitching on this project had ground to a halt, but it is making happy progress at the moment, so I am optimistic about finishing the rest of them this year.
The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt  - First Year Anniversary
The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt  - First Year Anniversary
When you take a photo of them all laid out you spot some blocks that you would like to change.  Two have been replaced already, but there are some there that probably need a bit of adjusting.  I still haven't worked out my layout, but I think I had better concentrate on finishing the blocks first - that can follow.

6 comments:

  1. Your blocks are fabulous! A wonderful collection! You must be so pleased with the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the overview...I've been needing this. And seeing the blocks together makes me think I need spring sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! One year already? I love seeing them all together. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, what fun to see them all together on the wall. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see the blocks already made up on the wall , you're going to have a beautiful quilt when you've finished all the blocks. Doesn't seem like a year since you began.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are so beautiful together. I bought the book and was very annoyed when I saw that there's only one pattern per page. Like what? I much paper do I have to buy to print all the pattern needed to make a quilt? I thought that was silly and really a waste of paper and time.
    You are doing a great job. Good luck on finishing it. ;^)

    ReplyDelete