Friday 17 May 2019

2017 Rainbow Scrappy Challenge

'Jane's Pinwheel' Quilt  62" x 62"
'Jane's Pinwheel' Quilt  62" x 62"
It is a long time since I linked up to the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.  When I started this in January 2017 I was struggling to keep up.  The top was finally completed in January 2018 after a serious attack on it over the Christmas period, but since then it has been lingering around waiting for me to quilt it.  Before I had decided how I would quilt it I forced the issue by entering it into the 2019 Quilt UK, Malvern Show which is on this weekend.
'Jane's Pinwheel' Quilt  62" x 62"
'Jane's Pinwheel' Quilt  62" x 62"
So last weekend I was quilting it on my longarm quilting machine, in between my customer quilts.  I stitched in EVERY ditch and then added a simple orange peel design.  I wanted the piecing to be the focus, not the quilting.  It has made a dent into the Kim Diehl fabrics left over from my Dear Jane quilt, but there are plenty more to come out of that bag.
Linking to So Scrappy Saturday

18 comments:

  1. OH this is lovely! Well done, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic and happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to hanging this on my wall.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! I just love how the colors all blend together to create a new colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty!! The pinwheels must be a tiny size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful job on both the piecing and the quilting. I totally hear you on the "forcing the issue by entering a quilt into a show". If it weren't for my guild's shows I might never finish much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so gorgeous!!! and shame on me, I started this one last year and havent gotten back to it this year yet! Great finish on yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful - I have a hard time with pinwheels getting that center. Yours is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is just beautiful! Congratulations on a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pinwheels, and your quilt is delicious. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow! That's a beauty! Glad you had a deadline so you could push through to the end. Certainly worth it. Well done! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's SPECTACULAR!!! I made one test block and stopped there. I commend your perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful and quite bright even in more muted colors. You provide great motivation for getting mine together...plus the orange peel quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so lovely, you Wil be so pleased it it finally quilted. I'm sure it will get lots of favourable comments from the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is spectacular! I love it! The outside border of HSTs was a great idea!
    So much piecing work in this lovely quilt... I hope it wins lots of ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your quilt! I think your quilting really did accent the wonderful piecing. Beautiful job! I made one from my stash as well, but only half as many blocks. I admire your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete