Tuesday 26 May 2020

Nearly Insane Quilt - resurrected

Red and White Scraps left over from my Nearly Insane quilt
Red and White Scraps left over from my Nearly Insane quilt
These two jars of scraps have been looking at me since I finished my Nearly Insane quilt top back in July 2015. This holiday weekend I decided to sort them out and make them into their own fabric.
New fabric made from the white scraps
New fabric made from the white scraps
The white scraps made this pretty piece which measures about 15" x 15"
New fabric made from the red scraps
New fabric made from the red scraps
For some reason the red scraps were bigger and ended up making a piece which was 25" x 22".  No plans for them yet - I may combine them, I may leave the red one as it is.  This project has reminded me of other 'bags of treasure' I have squirrelled away, which I was going to do something with one day.  Maybe the one day is very near.
New fabric made from the red and white scraps
New fabric made from the red and white scraps
There are some pieces which are too small for even me to tackle, along with trimmings.  These bits are not thrown away.  I have a large bag of  small scraps which I fill up and take to the local charity shops where I believe they can recycle them into 'shoddy' felt.
Fabric trimmings for recycling
Fabric trimmings for recycling

3 comments:

  1. Great use of your scraps, I would imagine a great deal of patience was needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous way to use up those bits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most innovative EPP I have ever seen! How long did it take you to remove the papers?

    ReplyDelete