Thursday 26 November 2020

Preparation - Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek 2020 Mystery Quilt - 1 day to go

 

New Rotary Cutting Blade
New Rotary Cutting Blade
Happy Thanksgiving! What does this mean - it means that there is only one sleep until Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek 2020 Mystery Quilt kicks off tomorrow.  You will have seen my previous post with all my lovely fabrics set to go and today I making some further preparations for the next few weeks.  Firstly, I have put a new rotary blade into my cutter.  There is going to be a lot of cutting in the next few weeks, so lets make it a pleasure.

New Machine Needle
New Machine Needle
Secondly, I have put a new needle into my sewing machine.  Again, there is going to be a lot of sewing in the next few weeks, so let's start off on a good foot.
Sewing Machine Bobbins
Sewing Machine Bobbins
Thirdly, clean out the bobbin case of your sewing machine. It will be interesting to see what it is like after the Grassy Creek Mystery Quilt, but at least I will know it was clean to start with.  Fourthly, wind some bobbins.  We are going to get through a load of these and according to Sod's Law it is usually at the most inconvenient time.  Because this is a scrap quilt, I will probably take the opportunity to empty some half filled bobbins too.
Leaders and Enders Projects
Leaders and Enders Projects
And finally, I am making an assumption that there will be a lot of chain piecing, so if you have a 'Leaders and Enders' project to hand, it might be worth pulling that out in readiness to see what can be achieved with an additional project.
 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are ready to sew, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete