Tuesday 27 November 2012

Pies and Tarts Quilt - Final Slices

Pies and Tarts Quilt
Pies and Tarts Quilt - Final Slices

At the weekend I had a lazy Sunday afternoon, sitting in front of the television watching the final race of the Formula 1 2012 Season from Brazil, with Sparky the cat on my lap, hand sewing the last slices of my Pies and Tarts quilt together. I started English paper piecing my Pies and Tarts Quilt in February 2011, so this marks the end of an era.  These are the small 'tarts', which will be appliqued up to the edge of the quilt.
What does this mean?  It means that I do not have a hand piecing project on the go at the moment.  This is probably a good thing, as it means I will have to concentrate on hand quilting some of the quilt sandwiches that are waiting for my attention.

1 comment:

  1. If (when!) you start another EPP project, I also sponsor a monthly hexie linky party called HeLP for Hexie-aholics. The next party is 12/17 and I hope you'll join in because your pies and tarts are quite intriguing.

    ReplyDelete