Wednesday 6 August 2014

Quilting Milestones - Nearly Insane Quilt


Nearly Insane Quilt - Cornerstones
Nearly Insane Quilt - Cornerstones
As you may know I have been trying to get all the bits of my Nearly Insane quilt done so that I can start getting it together.  In the past few weeks 'life' has been doing its best to get in the way, but I have persisted, even if it meant just doing a few stitches a day.  My little 2" cornerstones have pushed me the most.  There were 85 to complete, each with 9 pieces, a total of 765 pieces.  As I took the final stitch in the final cornerstone, I was almost deafened by the silence - where was the trumpet fanfare?

Nearly Insane Quilt - Cornerstones
Nearly Insane Quilt - Cornerstones
I soon realised there wasn't going to be one to mark this milestone, so my husband opened up a bottle of fizz to help me celebrate.  Everything is now ready to lay out the quilt for the first time.
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow - this has been an incredible journey. Congratulations!

    Your basket of cornerstones looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be so stunning when all put together...just keep stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I am Happy for you, can hardly wait until you get your flimsy done so I can see what it looks like!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TA DAAAA! There's your trumpet fanfare (virtually at least). Wow. That's a lot of hand stitching!! What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! Had we all known we could have had fizz with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting....there is a virtual fanfare happening in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you hear the applause coming from New Zealand? I'm clapping for you. What an achievement. Will you be hand sewing the quilt together or machining now?
    My mum ordered the pattern and has started her own Nearly Insane in blues. She's 73 so I told if she has to go into an old persons home, she'll be taking it with her, because I don't want to inherit a half made Nearly Insane quilt. She knows I'm joking and would finish it for her if I had to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! That little basket of cornerstones looks so pretty all by itself. The whole quilt must be absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete