Tuesday 17 March 2015

Anna Maria Horner Scrap Fabric Neutral Feather No #3

Anna Marie Horner Neutral Scrap Fabric Feather
Anna Maria Horner Neutral Scrap Fabric Feather
Here comes another Anna Maria Horner feather.  This one is made up from the scraps from my equilateral triangle quilt which I made last April with the Sassy Quilter  and is being modelled by Suzi the cat below.

Equilateral Triangle Quilt with Suzi the cat
Equilateral Triangle Quilt with Suzi the cat

The background fabric is  French General for MODA (#13529) which is a lovely natural linen colour.  I outlined the feather with stich in the ditch, outlined the shape again and then filled in the background with a free motion meander. 
Free Motion Meander quilting bachground
Free Motion Meander quilting bachground
Not only is the feather made up from fabric scraps, but I also used some scraps of wadding for the middle.  Having made a few of these, I can tell you that they are quite addictive.  I just love how they come out so differently.

3 comments:

  1. Love the neutral feather, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely way to use your scraps - I especially like the calming colours in this one!

    ReplyDelete