Tuesday 15 December 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block F11 On Target


Dear Jane Quilt - Block F11 On Target
Dear Jane Quilt - Block F11 On Target
Here is the last of the blocks for the Draw I made on 26th November,  F11 On Target  (clearly I am NOT on target ...).  This is another block that has taken a few shots.  I stitched on the applique pieces and then decided I wanted to change the colour. 

It is worth comparing this to the last one I made, D12 Crossed Swords, as it shows two different techniques to achieve the arrow shape, one piecing, this one applique.  I know which one I prefer ...

Techniques: English Paper Piecing, Applique
Pieces: 16

4 comments:

  1. The important thing is to keep going.. another block complete. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire your "stick-to-it-" attitude. I am also amazed at your piecing skills. I on the other hand would (and did) applique whenever I could. Clearly Jane liked to piece more than applique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also admire your determination, and agree with Wendy that Jane obviously preferred piecing! I have decided to stop at halfway with Jane, I know I won't finish all that piecing......but I do enjoy your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Targets, schmargets -- A Jane quilt is about the process; it's not a race to the finish line! I'm still in the planning phase of mine, collecting fabrics and thinking about what I want mine to look like. I really appreciate your posts about each block!

    ReplyDelete