Thursday 31 December 2015

Dear Jane Quilt Update - 2015 New Year's Eve Edition

Dear Jane Quilt Update - 2015 New Year's Eve Edition
Dear Jane Quilt Update - 2015 New Year's Eve Edition
Happy New Year to everyone.  I thought I would take this opportunity to do a progress report on my Dear Jane Quilt.  Progress has been a bit slow over the past few weeks, so this is also a little motivational post for myself.
Dear Jane Quilt Update - December 2015, EQS
Dear Jane Quilt Update - December 2015, EQS

Here is the layout of the quilt with the completed blocks in their assigned placing using my Electric Quilt Dear Jane software.  The scheduled plan is to get all those white spaces filled up by next December, so I think today I will have a 'Dear Jane' block cutting day.
Dear Jane Quilt Update - December 2015
Dear Jane Quilt Update - December 2015

The Kim Diehl fabrics are really starting to come together now that there are more colours than just orange.  A new Kim Diehl range has just been launched, 'Sunday Best' ,and I am very tempted to get them to add to my collection. They are really hard to get hold of in the UK, but you will see that I have managed quite well so far.
Dear Jane Quilt Update - December 2015
Dear Jane Quilt Update - December 2015
You can see that I have done loads more orange blocks than any other colour and I still have 'purple' to do.  The triangles have not come up in my regular draws, so I expect there will be a glut of them at some stage in the near future.

Dear Jane Quilt Update - December 2015
Dear Jane Quilt Update - December 2015
Suzi has enjoyed me being home over the holidays and has got her sewing mojo back. She is a bit more interested in the Allietare Mystery Quilt than Dear Jane and is currently waiting for the next stage to be posted.

I have started posting some of the blocks up on a Pinterest page where it is much easier to look at them together, but I will keep posting my progress here.


10 comments:

  1. That is quite an accomplishment in such a short time. I know you will make your goal. Looks like Suzi will help you along your journey. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks to me you have done a lot of progress in the Dear Jane. The colours look amazing when the blocks are put together. I really like the balance you get with your choice of fabrics! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely amazing! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely impressed. I am now going through figuring out what I've done so far. Do you have a method for keeping track of which block is which?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are fabulous so far!!! I'm so impressed with your speed and workmanship. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing so well, it's really coming together now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting the blocks on your blog. I really enjoy reading your blog. Have a great day at cutting your fabric.
    Kathleen Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are wonderful! I plan to work on my DJ on a regular basis in 2015. I haven't really been following a fabric colour/design plan at all...I hope it all works out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! The fabric was a wonderful choice for these fabulous blocks.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frances, I am absolutely in love with your color choices for this quilt. Can you please post Bonnie's colors and your alternate colors for me? This is my first mystery, and I just was not in love with Bonnie's choices. Going to retreat soon and want to work on it. Thanks. Flightgal822@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete