Monday 24 June 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 90

Nearly Insane Quilt Block 90
Nearly Insane Quilt Block 90
Here is one of the completed edge blocks, Block 90, for the Nearly Insane Quilt that I am currently hand piecing using the English Paper Piecing method.  Only ten pieces, so it took no time at all. It uses that fun apple fabric again.

With my random draws, it ensures that I am doing the Nearly Insane Quilt components in equal quantities, at each stage.  It usually means 3 full blocks, 1 edge block, 7 sashing pieces, and 3 cornerstones.  The blocks are always different and interesting to do, and offer a new challenge, but the cornerstones (which I chose to do ...) are a bit more repetitive and fiddly.  Each one has 9 pieces, and there are 95 in total.  In this little stack of the 23 which I have completed, it adds up to 207 pieces alone.

Canoe block Cornerstones - Nearly Insane Quilt
Canoe block Cornerstones - Nearly Insane Quilt
I am also meant to be doing a zig zag border as well, but I am dithering whether is should be a red zig zag, or a cream zig zag, and I am not sure whether I will decide until the main top has been put together.

Don't even ask how I am going to quilt it - that is WAY OFF!


NUMBER OF PIECES: 10
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 3/8" (9.5mm) x 3/8" (9.5mm)

LARGEST PIECE: Triangle 4 1/8" (107mm) x 3" (76mm)  x 3" (76mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

"Polka Party Petite" (Buttercream) "Lakehouse Dayz" Collection by Holly Holderman, Lakehouse Drygoods (LH05037)
"Friendship" (Tonal Red) by Howard Marcus for MODA (Collections For a Cause) # 46130
Tried and True Raindrops Garnet(04273) by Nanacy Halvorsen, Benartex
Apple Fabric - unidentified

2 comments:

  1. You are really making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be so great. I expect you're thinking the quilting needs to be really simple so as not to detract from the piecing. Needs some thought. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete