Wednesday 7 May 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Draw 25

Nearly Insane Quilt Blocks, 26, 44, 15 - Draw 24
Nearly Insane Quilt Blocks, 26, 44, 15 - Draw 24
What a set of fine specimens! The sunny spring days have allowed for a photoshoot outside in the vegetable plot.  With a further three blocks done there are only a few  more blocks to be done.  I am still keeping to my lucky draw system and the next blocks have been drawn 

54 - 70 - 75 - 91
 
Keeping rotary cutter blades safe
Keeping rotary cutter blades safe
I am off to prepare the pieces of fabric for the next blocks.  As a treat I have put a new blade into my rotary cutter.  It is difficult to know what to do with the 'blunt' blade, so my solution is to mark it with a permanent marker and put it back in the box, so that when the time comes they can all be disposed of safely together.


2 comments:

  1. I used to crumple up a piece of aluminum foil around my old blades when I threw them away, so they were in the middle of a ball of foil. Once I had an empty container, like in your photo, I marked it "used" and I put the used blades in the "used" container. When it is full, the container of new blades is empty and so I discard the group of used, mark the next container, and repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your blocks are beautiful!! And great idea on the used blades. I'm going to start doing that.

    ReplyDelete