Thursday 20 August 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 1, B7, D3, L9, M7

Dear Jane Quilt - Random Draws
Dear Jane Quilt - Random Draws
Just as I did with the Nearly Insane quilt, I am using a regular draw to choose which blocks to do.  I will be using new sewing skills in this quilt, mainly with applique techniques, and rather than have my early blocks all together, a draw will mix up the 'quality' a bit.  This time it is a bit more scientific as I will be drawing blocks from just one quarter of the quilt and then doing the blocks that mirror it in the rest of the quilt.  I think this will be the best way to ensure that the colours and the blocks designs remain visually balanced, something I have been working on in my overall design.
So for Draw 1
  • B-7 World Series
  • D-3 Jason's Jacks
  • L-9 Walter's Place
  • M-7 Junko's Rose Garden
By golly, three of these are applique!  I think I will start with L-9 Walter's Place, a nice bit of paper piecing ....
 

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I simply did mind in rows as I knew I would never finish it otherwise. I look forward to viewing your progress. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random is a good idea, but also important to consider colour placements as you go. I just opened the book and started making the blocks that took my fancy.......unfortunately they were all the appliqué blocks (or the ones that could be adapted for appliqué) and that has left me with lots of pieced blocks to do. I'm sure your approach will keep the momentum going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great way to work on the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of a Dear Jane quilt but the photos from France look amazing! I'm off to do some investigating .....

    ReplyDelete