Wednesday 30 May 2018

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's) Block 11 Broken Dishes

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's)  Block 11 Broken Dishes
The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's)  Block 11 Broken Dishes
Half square triangles - you have got to love them!  Here is the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's)  Block 11 Broken Dishes, showing them off to their best.  I love this pattern and keep being drawn back to it.
The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's)  Block 11 Broken Dishes - English Paper Piecing
With my Dear Jane quilt recently on display I was reminded that not everyone realises that the quilt is hand pieced using English Paper piecing.  Here is a photo of the back of Farmer's Wife Block 11, Broken Dishes, with all the papers still in and the tacking stitches still in place.  I am using a light tan thread at the moment so they don't show so well.  I am sure I have said before that if I was required to complete these quilts using a machine, I truly would go insane.

3 comments:

  1. Darting Birds, so famously recorded now! and Your Broken Dishes is immaculate. Yes, do remind everyone that this is meticulously pieced by hand with EPP. Beautiful, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a nice, subtle choice of fabrics for this block. Given how neat your work is, I would recommend an inside-out quilt.

    ReplyDelete