Friday 15 February 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - First Draw

The first blocks for the Nearly Insane Quilt have been drawn.  They are blocks
21 - 41 - 55 - 91
I have now printed off the blocks from the Electric Quilt 5 software and made up little portable packs with the cut up paper pieces, the fabric, and the instructions, for these particular blocks.  The drive behind this patchwork project is for when I am travelling, or I am out and about, and I need a small portable sewing project with me.  When I am at home I am MEANT to be catching up on my hand quilting backlog...
Nearly Insane Block Home Made Portable Project Packs
Nearly Insane Block Home Made Portable Project Packs
As I mentioned before, the fabric for the sashing and cornerstones have not been finalised, but I am realising that I should be doing these as part of my batch system, so that when the time comes to put the quilt together everything is ready to go.  Actually, I should also be doing some of the zig zag border too .... but I haven't chosen the fabric for that yet either.
What I have noticed is, that besides their number, these Nearly Insane blocks don't have names, so if you recognise any as we are going along, then please shout out any suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting the journey - I'm sure you will enjoy it much more the way you have broken it down into bite size pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great organization - it should really help to keep you motivated on your journey. I have never tried EPP.

    ReplyDelete