Thursday 6 June 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 80

Since Block 12  I have wanted to make more of the Nearly Insane blocks scrappy.  As soon as I saw Block 80, I knew it was a perfect candidate.  The design has lots of small pieces in it and I have started to accumulate a jar of red and cream scraps which are so small that they are only going to find homes in certain blocks. 
Sweet Jar Scrap Storage Red White Fabric
Sweet jar scrap storage
Whilst my motives may be honourable, when it came to cutting the seventy two 'scrappy' pieces for this little 6" block, it took a lot longer than most, and on that day I did not get as much preparation done for my Nearly Insane blocks as I had hoped, so it feels as if it has been hanging around for a while.
Block 80, Nearly Insane Quilt, visiting California
I finally have had time to finish it during my Road Trip to the USA, and here it is on display our pitch at Turlock Lake Campsite, California.  This was fun, and quite easy to put together, and I think it is my latest favourite.  Remembering that these blocks are only 6" square, I think that this is a really cute block - imagine a whole quilt of these with some sashing in between - it would look great.


NUMBER OF PIECES: 72
DIFFICULTY: 4/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 3/8" (9.5mm) x 3/8" (9.5mm)

LARGEST PIECE: Triangle 1 7/8" (46mm) x 1 1/4" (32mm)  x 1 1/4" (32mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

Scrap variety

3 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful block and wonderful blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 72 pieces and only a 4/10? Those really insane ones must be! I love the photo of it in California! It will be a really international quilt by the time you are finished--France, UK, and USA--and who knows were else? How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW 72 pieces! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete