Wednesday 21 August 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - 6 Month Progress Report

Nearly Insane Quilt - 6 Months Progress Report
Nearly Insane Quilt - 6 Months Progress Report
Can you believe it is 6 months since I started this Nearly Insane Quilt journey?
When I look at this picture of all the blocks done so far, I can't decide whether I am making good progress or not. My tally so far is
30 Blocks
10 Side blocks
23 Cornerstones
69 Sashes
It works out about one and a half blocks per week, plus all those other bits and bobs, so we have an estimate of getting all the blocks done August next year....  All the blocks, edge blocks, and sashings are on track, but I haven't done ANY cornerstones since last time.  There is also a 'edge' cornerstone dilemma which has been ongoing that really needs to be addressed.
Nearly Insane Quilt - English Paper Piecing
Nearly Insane Quilt - English Paper Piecing
From the Electric Quilt picture below, you will also see the zig zag border - I think I have decided that it will be a red zig zag set off by the calico I am using for the sashing.  I am expecting there to be a thin red border between the main quilt and the zig zag border.  This Electric Quilt image is on the sidebar, and I usually update it when I have completed each random draw.

Nearly Insane Quilt - Electric Quilt Software, August 2013 Update
Nearly Insane Quilt - Electric Quilt Software, August 2013 Update
I would really love to have a whole week just sitting doing this quilt, but then I think of another load of projects I would love to do.  Before the next 6 month Report, in February 2014, we will have done Christmas ...

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful it continues to grow and is prettier ever time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are making great progress on this quilt. My EEP project has been going since 8years and not nearly as intricate as yours!! Enjoy the process, it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just impressive as hell. 'nuf said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress and it looks just wonderful! Well done - such a detailed project but well worth it.
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done an amazing amount of work on a very detailed quilt! If I ever decide to work on this kind of quilt, I think I will use your method for inspiration and to keep me on track! Keep going, you're doing wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Nearly Insane looks so fantastic.
    I love your colors and fabrics.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, looks amazing. Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Nearly Insane looks really wonderful, and you are making great progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW color me impressed!! I would have gone insane by now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. would love to follow your blog via email...missjameequilts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found you and I am in awe! I must read more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are making great progress! I see that the "wip" update image is from Electric Quilt. That has to be one of the coolest things I've seen EQ for potential future purchase!

    ReplyDelete