Tuesday 16 September 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Update #2 September 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt Construction - September 2014
Nearly Insane Quilt Construction - September 2014
I thought it was time I gave you a bit of an update on the Nearly Insane Quilt.  Another row has been added, but otherwise construction progress is slow.  The reason for this is that I have been re-doing some of the blocks - some completely from the start, others pulled apart and changed.  Having done so many different blocks, I have learnt a lot along the way. You can see some below.  The original is on the left, the revised block on the right.

Nearly Insane Quilt block Nearly Insane Quilt block


Nearly Insane Quilt blockNearly Insane Quilt block
 
 
Nearly Insane Quilt blockNearly Insane Quilt block
 
 
Nearly Insane Quilt block
 
I am also in the process of re-doing Block 43.  You may remember that this block was the most difficult one.  Having done similar blocks I think I have worked out why I was having so many problems and why it was so wavy.  It is bang centre in the quilt, so it is SLOWLY being redone.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. They are all so lovely they could all be used in the quilt! You may end up with two quilts if you keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it you learned along the way that made you change these? Other than losing some of the floral prints I am not sure but would be really interested to know! I'm doing a red and white Lucy boston potc quilt which was inspired by yours so your lessons would be handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't see anything wrong with any of them, but it is amazing how different they look with different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how much you learn as you progress with a project . I do like the blocks you originally made. However, the different fabrics certainly do give a different look to each block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so amazing! This quilt is so GORGEOUS! I have been admiring your work block by block for ages. So...since I tend to look more than read....can you tell me if you have been pre-washing all the fabric? I made a quick down and dirty red and white quilt and the fabric is still bleeding after 4 washes. I was crushed. At any rate, I am in total awe of your work!

    ReplyDelete