Sunday 7 February 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block F10 Potholder

Dear Jane Quilt - Block F10 Potholder
Dear Jane Quilt - Block F10 Potholder
This is the Dear Jane block F10 Potholder.  It went through several design drafts and still I don't think I quite got the diamonds in the corners quite right. Apparently, diamonds are a girls best friend, but to be honest whenever they have cropped up in my sewing they have been anything but a 'best friend', always causing trouble and never quite playing along with everyone else. 

I have learnt from The Constant Quilter blog that there is a whole genre known as 'Potholder Quilts' and if you look around her blog you will see she has even completed a whole Dear Jane using the technique.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 21 pieces

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for steering people over to my blog. I do love sharing this fun and historical method. I am on my 14th potholder quilt right now. I just can't seem to stop. I love this block. I especially like how you fussy cut your stripe. And I agree it is sometimes very difficult to EPP a triangle. Yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete