Tuesday 5 April 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block G6 Papa's Star


Dear Jane Quilt - Block G6 Papa's Star
Dear Jane Quilt - Block G6 Papa's Star
I think there is a general consensus in Dear Janeland that if you can do Dear Jane block G6 Papa's Star, you can just about do any of the blocks in the quilt.  Yes, the centre star is a challenge and yes I have just had to buy my first set of spectacles for 'close work'.  However, don't take a breath too quickly once it is done.  Those orange points on the bigger star are all different sizes and need to be placed in the right direction and position too.

Dear Jane Quilt - Block G6 Papa's Star
Dear Jane Quilt - Block G6 Papa's Star
When you see the completed star above you make think it looks very accomplished.  I thought I would share this picture of the back of the mini eight-pointed star.  It looks slightly crazy.  But hey, no one is going to see it!

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 30 pieces

3 comments:

  1. Your are amazing, Meredith! Knowing how small the blocks are, seeing that tiny star in the center... I can't imagine how hard it must have been to stitch. Well done!
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...I'm inspired. But also confused. As I set out to make it I saw that Jane has the diamond at a jaunty angle, but the book doesn't. I'm thinking I may have to go for the slant, although that will probably happen naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You need talent and much patience to complete this block. Excellent

    ReplyDelete