Monday 14 November 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block E13 Moth in a Web

Dear Jane Quilt - Block E13 Moth in a Web
Dear Jane Quilt - Block E13 Moth in a Web
I do love the variety of sampler quilts.  Each one is like a little mini quilt of its own. For Dear Jane block E13 Moth in a Web, I think there was a choice of applique or piecing for the little triangles - I chose piecing as little triangles can be a bit trying.  I haven't cut any Dear Jane for ages now, but after this post I am off to cut more sashing pieces.
'Nearly Insane Quilt' by Frances Meredith
Also in the news today, my Nearly Insane quilt has had further success at the 2016 West Country Quilt and Textile Show, full details are over at my other Fabadashery blog .
Techniques: English Paper Piecing and Applique
Pieces: 26  pieces

2 comments:

  1. Oi - those minuscule triangles!
    Congrats on the ribbons and viewers choice!! You must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again! And I love your version of Moth in the Web. This is another example where the book/EQ was a bit different than the Stickle quilt. The Stickle quilt had regular triangles instead of the cuter cat ears. I, of course, went with the easier, I mean, more authentic to Jane Stickle version.

    ReplyDelete