Sunday 30 March 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Block 89

Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Block 89
Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Block 89
Over recent weeks I have managed to complete quite a few Nearly Insane blocks, and edge blocks, so over the next few days I hope to give them each their own '15 Minutes of Fame', whilst I catch up with my blogging. These edge blocks are usually quite quick to complete - (this one has just 13 pieces), so they often get overlooked when I blog.  This one shows more evidence of fussy cutting on that Michael Miller Rail Stripe fabric.  Yes, I seem to listening to myself ...

Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Blocks 89
Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Blocks 89
Here is the block shown with its twin Edge Block 89.  When you see the blocks together it is a reminder of how patchwork allows the creation of infinite combinations of fabrics for different results. Today I am spending some time in my workroom preparing some of my Nearly Insane blocks, cutting out the fabrics pieces ready for stitching - a good excuse for playing with my red and white fabric stash and enjoy choosing those combinations. The clocks have gone forward today - for once I have excuse for where the time has gone!
 
NUMBER OF PIECES:  13
DIFFICULTY: 1/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 1" (25mm) x 1 11/16" (17mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Rectangle 1" (25mm) x 1 11/16" (17mm) x 1 11/16" (17mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Rail Stripe Red, Michael Miller Fabrics
Hearted Vine Red, Midwinter Reds, Minick & Simpson, Moda  14763-11
Mini red flower sprig - unidentified
Calico

1 comment:

  1. How different the block looks with different fabrics - a great study in contrast!

    ReplyDelete