Saturday 28 June 2014

Doughty's Fabric Roadshow

Doughtys Fabric Roadshow - Thornbury
Doughtys Fabric Roadshow - Thornbury
I have started to think about a colour scheme for a Dear Jane quilt.  Lots of ideas have been auditioned and there are lots of ideas that will work, but it is time to settle on something.  I have had my eye on some Kim Diehl fabrics and searching online I found that Doughtys Fabrics had several from her Hearthside Seasons collection by Henry Glass Fabrics.  A little further searching online and I discovered that Doughtys Fabrics do a roadshow around the UK - and guess what - there was one near me this weekend!  Basically they bring their van full of fabric to a local hall, and fabricoholics queue up to get their fix!  Most fabrics went for £7.00 a metre, with the batiks at £8.00 a metre.

'Hearthside Seasons' by Kim Diehl for Henry Glass
'Hearthside Seasons' by Kim Diehl for Henry Glass
Having done some research online I knew exactly which fabrics I wanted, I just had to hunt for them as the range had been split up amongst the colours.  I managed to find ten different fabrics and along with the new Vintage Farmhouse range that Kim Diehl has just released I think I will have a great colour palette to start my Dear Jane once the Nearly Insane Quilt is done.  I still have to choose my background fabric, but have an idea of what I am looking for whilst I am out and about.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You must like big projects, I don't know how you can contemplate a Dear Jane quilt straight after all that work on the Nearly Insane quilt. I'd want to spend a year or so making small things before I embarked on another project. But good luck to you - I will follow your progress with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited to hear that you will be starting Dear Jane. I also want to make this quilt so I will love to see the techniques and fabrics that you use.

    ReplyDelete