Sunday 22 June 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Draw 27

Nearly Insane Quilt Blocks 5, 52, 82 - Draw 26
Nearly Insane Quilt Blocks 5, 52, 82 - Draw 26
Here are the Nearly Insane blocks from Draw 26 which I completed whilst I was on holiday.  Gauging how much you will get achieved whilst you are away is always difficult.  I would hate to be in a situation where I had run out of sewing!  The build up to the holiday is always combined with preparing the Nearly Insane blocks and the other bits and pieces that go with the quilt, and if I am honest this is more of a priority for me than what actually goes in my suitcase.  I usually cut plenty of cornerstone pieces as I know they can occupy me for hours, but take up very little room.  I usually choose to tack the sashing pieces when we are travelling on the more bumpy and windy roads ...

Zig Zag Border, Sashing and Cornerstones
Zig Zag Border, Sashing and Cornerstones
Along with the blocks are the sashings, the cornerstones, the half cornerstones which go around the edge, as well as the zig zag border.  I have phases where I have a bit of a push of these, knowing I will need them to get the actual quilt together, but I have not kept up with them as well as the blocks.  I hope you don't mind if I use this post to get a grip on this ...
At the moment I have done
162 / 196 (82%)  - Sashings
57 / 87 (65%)  - Cornerstones
18 / 28 Half (64%) - Half Cornerstones
21/80 (26%) - Zig Zag Chevron

So still a bit of a way to go on this, but enough bits to get over half the quilt together.  However there are still blocks to do too.  Here are the next ones in draw
 
34 - 35 - 76 - 93

After these are done there are just 4 blocks left to do of the 85 total.

Linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts

7 comments:

  1. Amazing ....I am in awe of anyone working on this quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have run out of preparation time for a handstitching project while away. Frustrating. I enjoy following along with your progress on these challenging blocks even though I have gotten behind. I love the clear red fabrics that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are so wonderful . This quilt is so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilting is one project that I know I can't take with me. I am amazed that you do. Your blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like wonderful progress to me! It must help a lot to check the numbers - measuring achievement :) Love the border

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making great progress! I hate to run out of hand work too while I am travelling.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the packed hexies more important than the packed clothes... I don't go on holiday for another couple weeks but the hexies were prepped over a week ago! And I've probably packed 3 weeks worth of hexies for a 10 day vacation :)

    ReplyDelete