Friday 9 October 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block LR7 Sallys' Steeple

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  LR7 Sallys' Steeple
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  LR7 Sallys' Steeple
I would say this Dear Jane border triangle, Sally's Steeple,  is a pretty typical Dear Jane block, with a bit of piecing and a bit of applique.  I appliqued the shapes in the centre, as well as the very top triangle, rather than have to deal with thin edge bits at the point.  I am pleased to be doing some of these triangles as I don't want the border to be left until the end.

Suzi the cat quilting
Suzi the cat
I am pleased to say that my Dear Jane efforts have encouraged some of you to resurrect your Dear Jane projects - most notably Sally over at Objects of Design.  You will see her doing the same blocks as me but it in Kaffe Fassett fabrics. This is one of my favourite blogs as you can see not only lots of patchwork and quilting activity, but the internet being used in its purest form - to show pictures of cats and kittens.  I will admit, Suzi the cat has not been as enthusiastic about the Dear Jane quilt as she was about the Nearly Insane quilt. Snoozing in the autumn sun is her current preferred activity.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing and Applique
Pieces: 14

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't know there was so much work in the border triangles as well. Will be fabulous when it's done.

    ReplyDelete