Sunday 1 November 2020

Stash Pull - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2020 - Grassy Creek


The anticipation has got the better of me and I had to reach into my stash and pull the colours for Grassy Creek.  I have done about four of Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilts and each time I have changed the colours. I looked out of my own window to admire the autumn trees and all the colours were there, so this year, I think I will stick with her colour scheme.

Grey - 5 yds - I have gone for a warm grey.  I have a lot of this as I seem to have been collecting it for something special - think this is it.
Cream - 3 yds -  I always have lots of this too.  Not sure how happy I will be cutting it up for strip piecing.
Green - 1.5 yds- love green, but you have to have the right one
Red - 1.5 yds - love red and have loads
Yellow - 1.5 yds - I have gone for a gold / mustard colour if possible
Orange - 1 yd  - probably have enough of this and wish there was more of it in the quilt.

Having done this audit I went online to buy more fabric - just in case.😁

No comments:

Post a Comment