Monday 20 May 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 40


Block 40, Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 40, Nearly Insane Quilt
Presenting Block 40 of the Salinda Rupp / Liz Lois 'Nearly Insane' Quilt.  
This was a relatively straightforward one.  It has some of the largest pieces I have come across so far in this project,  so I took the opportunity to use a red and white Scandinavian fabric I have in my stash. 
Block 40, Nearly Insane Quilt
The pattern has diamonds with snowflakes in it, rather than exact squares, and I have been having trouble incorporating it into any of the other blocks, because the pattern is too big for the tiny pieces.  With a bit of fussy cutting, I think it has turned out nicely.  This is quite a simple block - does anyone have a name for it?

PS: I can't wait to get that green tacking thread out!

NUMBER OF PIECES: 21
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle, 1 1/16" (28mm) x 3/4" (19mm) x 3/4" (19mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Rectangle 3" (76mm) x 1 1.2" (38mm)

TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

Calico
Red and White Scandinavian Snowflake Fabric 
Red Dot on Cream - unidentified

2 comments:

  1. What a fun choice of fabrics! Even though the block has fewer pieces than some (many?) of the others, it looks like it has more because of the pattern of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete