Friday 24 May 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 87

Block 87 - Nearly Insane Quilt Corner Block
Block 87 - Nearly Insane Quilt Corner Block
I drew another corner block for the Nearly Insane Quilt.  As you may remember I have mixed it up a bit and changed a few edge blocks around, changing the original corner Block 92, for Block 87.  With just eight pieces, I almost did it in my sleep. It uses the 'Christmas Past' fabric by Minick and Simpson - did I say I met them in Nantes? ;)

Sometimes I think I should have approached the quilt like I would a jigsaw puzzle - seek out the corner pieces, then the edge pieces, then fill up the middle - leaving the sky until the end!

FABRICS: 
Christmas Past (#14547) by Polly Minick and Lauri Simpson for Moda
Calico
Red and White Stripe (unidentified)



2 comments:

  1. are you doing this quilt as a English Paper Piecing project? I see those basting lines and wondered. I have never seen it done this way - what an idea for all those small pieces if that is what you are doing. I love these colors you are using

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah - 8 pieces is a piece of cake for the NIquilt!!! love the use of the striped fabric :)

    ReplyDelete