Friday 13 September 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 83

Block 83 Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 83 Nearly Insane Quilt
Can you believe it - this block marks the half way mark with the Nearly Insane Quilt blocks.  In my original plan I worked out that there are 25 draws, with 3 full and one half block, to get the quilt top complete, and as we are on Draw 12, and this the second block .... yes, we are half way through. The pieces of paper in my Nearly Insane Bowl are gradually diminishing!

http://fabadashery.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/nearly-insane-quilt-draw-12.html
Nearly Insane Draw bowl
I am really trying to get the light , medium and dark fabrics into each block, as they work better in the overall quilt.  I am also looking forward to when I have enough blocks to start sewing it together.

Lately, I have been in a hurry to get these blocks done. To be honest it has been a struggle to get just this block done this week, with one thing and another - well, mainly work, it really felt like I was stealing time to get it done.  Nonetheless, it is a finish.


Joining Up with Crazy Mom Quilts

NUMBER OF PIECES: 65
DIFFICULTY: 4 /10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 3/8" (10mm) x 3/8" (10mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Triangle 4" (100mm) x 13/16" (72mm) x 13/16" (672mm)

TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

Red Sprig on Cream (Unidentified)
Cherry Sketch Basic Collection by Timeless Treasures #C8224
Spraytime (Scarlet) by Makower #2800-R06
White on Cream Print

 

3 comments:

  1. Half over? Oh no! I'm living vicariously through you when it comes to this quilt. I know I will never do it myself, so I'm loving this. It is still amazing that you haven't done too many of the truly insane ones yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look on the bright side - still half way to go! And we still have the whole putting together and quilting stage to look forward too. Great block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are gorgeous! Still in the process of deciding how I want to do my Nearly insane. Civil war? Red and white? Batiks? Someday I'll make a decision and get started. Till then, I'll have fun browsing blocks like yours! Have you English paper pieced the whole thing? Love EPP, but I'm already working on a EPP Lone Star and an EPP postage stamp quilt. Not sure I should start a third!

    ReplyDelete