Wednesday 4 September 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 6, Ohio Star Variation



Block 6 , Nearly Insane Quilt, Ohio Star Variation
Block 6 , Nearly Insane Quilt, Ohio Star Variation

Here is another Ohio Star variation representing Block 6 of the Nearly Insane Quilt.  It feels like deja vu.
 
Only 21 pieces in this one, which classifies it as EASY. As I do most of my stitching whilst travelling, these 'easy' blocks do not take too much of my concentration, and there are some that I don't even remember doing, as they come together so quickly - this is one of them.    I know the next one has a few more pieces ...
 
I have used a Scandinavian style fabric in the centre, where the pattern looks like it has been pieced, to add a bit of complexity to this block.
 
150th Anniversary Dear Jane Quilt Bag
150th Anniversary Dear Jane Quilt Bag
Since my trip to the 150th Anniversary Dear Jane Quilt Exhibition in Nantes, France, in April, my Dear Jane bag has been my storage of choice for the fabrics I am using for the Nearly Insane Quilt.  It is lovely and big, and they have been piled in and piled out many times.  The bag is also inspiration for perhaps the next project ....

NUMBER OF PIECES: 21
DIFFICULTY: 1 /10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 1/2" (12.5mm) x 1/2" (12.5mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Square 2.5" (63mm) x 2.5" (63mm)

TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:

Red and White Scandinavian Snowflake Fabric 
Red and White Floral (Unidentified, purchased from The Shuttle)
Prairie Paisley by Polly Minick and Lauri Simpson for Moda
White on Cream swirl print (unidentified)

Linking Up with WIP Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Simple, but very effective! I love the classic color and print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is beautiful! I did my first EPP this summer and enjoyed it. Good luck on the rest of the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely block although it is "only" 21 pieces. Great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choice of fabrics for this quilt - have been reading back through your posts and they really show the blocks to advantage. It's going to be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Armorel and I were considering making a visit to the Dear Jane quilt in Vermont whilst we are in America next week, but have decided it is too far our itinerary to be practical!

    ReplyDelete