Tuesday 24 September 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Draw 13

Nearly Insane Quilt - Blocks 7, 78, and 83
Nearly Insane Quilt - Blocks 7, 78, and 83
These are the blocks from Draw 12, which marks the halfway stage on my Nearly Insane journey.  I think I am finally getting the hang of balancing the tones for these Nearly Insane quilt blocks, ensuring that I am getting deep, midtones, and lights into each one. 

It is just as well that I am, as I have just made the next lucky Draw ...

 18 - 65 - 68 - 86

Draw 13 has THE BLOCK in it!  Block 18 is the one with the most pieces in it - 229 pieces in total.  The most I have done so far for these 6 inch blocks is 120 - which I quite enjoyed ... Putting these many-pieced blocks together is not difficult, just more time consuming.  However, just cutting the 229 pieces is going to take time. 

I had better get off the blog and get going.
 

6 comments:

  1. You blocks are most excellent! 229 pieces is beyond my thinking....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with *THE BLOCK* - can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only recently discovered your blog. Nearly Insane is an amazing project to work on. I love the way you draw out block numbers.....sometimes with these big quilts I wonder where to start. Looking forward to seeing what 229 pieces in 6" looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making the half way point. Looking forward to seeing block 229. Can't imagine how small some of those pieces will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My calculation says 6 inch block with 229 pieces averages .4" square per piece - but all know it won't be like that! Some will be bigger and some very small.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are inspiring me to get out that Nearly Insane and get back to it. I am over halfway and it just fell by the wayside I have even started putting it together. Thanks for giving me the extra push :-)

    ReplyDelete