Friday 18 October 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 19

Block 19 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 19 - Nearly Insane Quilt
This is Block 19 of the Nearly Insane Quilt. 

The further along the journey I go, the more I think the name 'Nearly Insane' is misappropriated to this quilt.  With so many different, interesting blocks, each with its own character, the more I am considering it as the 'Salinda Rupp' Quilt, which is its original name. The original quilt, made in 1870, is in private hands, and I don't think it is on public display anywhere, so that is good enough reason to be making my own.  After my trip to Nantes, France to see the Dear Jane Quilts, it would be great to be part of a 'Nearly Insane' display - perhaps the 150th Anniversary in 2020?

NUMBER OF PIECES: 48
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle 3/4" (19mm) x 1/2" (13mm) x 1/2" (13mm)

LARGEST PIECE: Square 1 1/16" (27mm) x 1 1/16" (27mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

Quilters Basics (Memory) Stof

Northcote Range, by Cabbages and Roses #35204 -21 by Moda
White on Cream Print

 

5 comments:

  1. I have not seen too many of the Nearly Insane quilts as the Dear Jane - it would be lovely to see a lot of them hung in one place. Yours is coming along so nicely - I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just so impressed every time I see one of your blocks pop up in my feed. This quilt is going to be so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great block. I hope you put the finished quilt in an exhibition because I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to be suggesting we all do one.....

    ReplyDelete