Thursday 8 August 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 63

Block 63 - Nearly Insane Quilt Red White
Block 63 - Nearly Insane Quilt
I gained some unexpected sewing time the other day, and it meant I could get Block 63 of my Nearly Insane Quilt done in one single session.  That was a bonus, after the protracted  time recent blocks have taken.

For a bit of variety, here is a picture of the reverse of the block, with all the paper still in it.  As usual, you can see all the green basting thread, and that I label each piece of paper, so that I know what shapes belongs to which fabric.
Block 63 - Nearly Insane Quilt English Paper Piecing
Block 63 Reverse - English Paper Piecing
After my trip to The Sewing Studio in Redruth, it was going to be hard not to include my *new* red and white fabric, 'Red Packed Peppermints', into one of the next Nearly Insane blocks.  By their definition, novelty prints come in all shapes and sizes, and taste - there is pretty much something out there for everyone.  I don't have many, but when one comes along that I really like, I rarely pass it by.  I usually go for the food / fruit related ones.  Which novelty prints do you usually go for?

NUMBER OF PIECES: 37
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 1/2" (12.5mm) x 1/2" (12.5mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Square 2" (49mm) x 2" (49mm)

TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

"Days Gone By" Exclusively Quilters
"Christmas Past" (14547) by Polly Minick and Lauri Simpson for Moda
"Holiday Treats Red Packed Peppermints'"by Timeless Treasures

Joining Up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Whoop Whoop Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Novelty prints are still something that I have to talk myself into buying.:) Love how you worked some into your block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the peppermints in this block! Brilliant! When it comes to novelties, I guess it is no surprise that I go for the American flag/patriotic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will be done with this one in no time at all - that is if you don't work on anything else :) it is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy fabric - it looks great in that block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! I love this block! 37 pieces! this is relly adorable! I am visiting from Can i Get A whoop whoop - I really enjoyed looking around your blog - I am a new follower :)
    xo jan @sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little block! Great work. I now want some of that fabric for my r/w fws quilt. Novelties are usually related to something someone else I know loves. I do have a weekness for food prints, too, though.

    ReplyDelete