Monday 26 August 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Block 96

Edge Block 96, Nearly Insane Quilt
Edge Block 96, Nearly Insane Quilt
I have got a bit of a spotty theme going on with this Nearly Insane Edge Block, as there are dots on all the fabrics, including the cream, which is that pearlescent Polka Party III, I have raved about before.  I am also using these pretty flowers by Stof for the first time, which have a dotty centre.

I have done another version for the Edge Block 96 before, back in May.  

On another note, for the past week there has been a Hexie Queen Blog Hop going on in Blogland.  As you know, I am a keen English Paper Piecer, but not necessarily hexagons.  One of the 'Hexie Queens' was Lixie, who gave my blog a 'Shout Out', so to reciprocate the kindness, I am highlighting her FREE Lixie Charm Pouch Tutorial (PDF), which she offered when she was Hexie Queen, a handy little bag for special little things.

That's all for now ...

NUMBER OF PIECES: 14
DIFFICULTY: 2/10SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle, 11/16" (18mm) x 1/2" (12mm) x 1/2" (12mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Rectangle 1 1/2" (32mm) x 3 1/2" (54mm) x 2 1/8" (89mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRIC: Polka Party III by Holly Holderman, Lakehouse Drygoods (#03035)

Quilters Basics White/Red Small Flowers, Stof
Designer Beads (Red) Freespirit for Westminster Fibers

2 comments:

  1. Awwww thank you! I am in awe of your Nearly Insane quilt and especially your EPPing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks way to hard for me.....I would be insane.

    ReplyDelete