Monday 2 December 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt Update - 100th Follower Edition

Nearly Insane Quilt - December 2013 Update
Nearly Insane Quilt - December 2013 Update
I am pleased to announce that Fabadashery has its 100th Follower!  Welcome Tina, and ohh look, here comes the 101st, Jennifer.  Since 90% of this blog is about the progress of the Nearly Insane (Salinda Rupp ) Quilt, as a treat for all the Followers, we get to have a Nearly Insane Quilt update.

Nearly Insane Quilt - December 2013 Update
Nearly Insane Quilt - December 2013 Update
I don't have a design wall (I don't think the EPP blocks would stick anyway ..), so I use a design floor.  I had to stand on the table, lean at an awkward angle, and hope for the best when taking the picture. When I do the updates, I don't place them in their final spot, it is a bit of a free for all.  However, this time I have laid it out showing its final width, which is about 7 blocks across.  Do you notice anything different since last time?  A few weeks ago I changed Block 30, as I felt it was not fitting in.  I think it is looking better this time around.

English Paper Piecing - Nearly Insane Quilt
English Paper Piecing - Nearly Insane Quilt
I am also building up quite a collection of blocks, and the total so far are looking like this
48 Blocks
17 Edge blocks
30 Cornerstones
10 Half Cornerstone
105 Sashes
09 Border Units
And here are the sums for how many pieces I have done so far. 
Blocks and Edge Blocks = 2682
Cornerstones = 324
Sashes = 105
Border Units = 31
TOTAL = 3142
Electric Quilt - Nearly Insane Quilt, December 2013v
Electric Quilt - Nearly Insane Quilt, December 2013
This is how the Electric Quilt design is looking at the moment, and as always, it is updated on the sidebar regularly.  It still looks like there a lots of gaps to fill, but according to my sums, we should be 3/4 of the way through in the next few weeks - Celtic Solstice allowing!

21 comments:

  1. This is going to be a museum piece. You've inspired me to start collecting read and white fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! I originally wanted to do my FW in just two colours and got talked out of it ... hmm perhaps I should revisit the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, this is all EPP? It Looks fantastic and will be a great stunner when finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful but insane in a way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and oh so hard and intricate! :) You are quite the talented lady ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I don't think it's Nearly Insane. More like certifiably. :D But that's my Green Envy side talking. It's absolutely beautiful work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your quilt is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, amazing, love the red and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Just...WOW! I will now be following you as well :) Beautiful!
    www.sewcraftychick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing. So many little pieces! No wonder it's called "Nearly Insane." :) I can't wait to see it all come together! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice to see the update! it's looking so wonderful. love the design floor - I've had to use that many a time.

    the next "in hand" epp link party is dec 14th. we'd love to see the update or even newest block over there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that is inspiring. So beautiful and I really love the red and white!


    Stopping by from Lee's hop
    http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/12/wip-wednesday-dec-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quilt is beyond beautiful... and definitely insane. Keep up the good work. It is going to be stunning when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazingly, insanely beautiful! Red and white is my favorite quilt color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely insane, but gorgeous with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Staggering - I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning. How long ago did you start piecing these?
    Linking from Hydee's In Hand EPP:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, this is amazing! You tempt me to start a new epp project. I love the colours you use.

    ReplyDelete