Wednesday 5 October 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H4 Abbey's Eyes

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H4 Abbey's Eyes
Dear Jane Quilt - Block H4 Abbey's Eyes
I was in a dilemma  with this Dear Jane block, H4 Abbey's Eyes, as to which way to place the neutral background - it could have gone either way.  I think the way I have chosen is more like an 'eye'.
Last night I had a dream about my Dear Jane quilt and surprisingly the dream had a different quilt layout, which has got me thinking of how I should finish the quilt.  I haven't sewn any blocks together yet, let alone removed the papers, so maybe time for a re-think.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 9 pieces

1 comment:

  1. Frances, your DJ is going to be every bit as beautiful as your Nearly Insane quilt! I have been wondering how you manage with paper piecing some of the really tiny pieces, as in the NI quilt. Would you consider doing a post on how to work with tiny EPP please? It would be very much appreciated :) Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete