Sunday 30 October 2016

Dear Jane update - October 2016

Suzi the cat helps with the Dear Jane Quilt
Suzi the cat helps with the Dear Jane Quilt
I have been promising an update on the overall progress of my Dear Jane.  I indulged myself in an afternoon of stitching Dear Jane blocks together yesterday.  So far I have 2.5 lines together and Suzi the cat is monitoring progress closely. 
Completed Dear Jane blocks
Completed Dear Jane blocks
All the blocks are completed and all but one border block is complete.  Also there are several plain triangles and loads and loads of sashing pieces to be done.  And did I mention the scalloped border?
Electric Quilt - Dear Jane progress, October 2016
Here is a glimpse of how that all looks in the Electric Quilt software.  I am still using Electric Quilt 5. 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting to put the rows together. You must be tickled pink to be this close to finishing. Happy day after National Cat Day to Suzi for her hard work too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frances, I just popped over to Electric Quilt Co. to purchase the EQ7 with discount as I saw in your post. Just wanted to let you know that despite saying it was store wide, it had a large amount of exclusions, most particularly EQ7! Which is disappointing. Gotta watch that fine print! I'm loving your dear jane, it looks so amazing with the background fabric you chose! What will you entertain us with next??? (No pressure lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi looks ready to take the papers out. And Molly began salivating when she saw your neatly stacked blocks and triangles. And I love how you can also mark your progress sewing the rows together in EQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow! And thank you Suzi for making sure all the blocks fit together nicely. So sweet. This is so spectacular. What a journey. I hope Brenda P. gets to see this one in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Dear Jane quilt. It is georgeous. I am on row G now :)

    ReplyDelete