Tuesday 18 October 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Block RR11 Hills of Jerusalem

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Block RR11 Hills of Jerusalem
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Block RR11 Hills of Jerusalem
At the weekend I stitched my last block but one for my Dear Jane quilt which I have been making using the English Paper Piecing method.  Still quite a few for you to see yet ....., BUT the news that www.paperpieces.com have just released a full set of pre-cut Dear Jane English Paper pieces is interesting to say the least.  It is nice to know they are there, but in all honesty I know I am too stingy to pay out the money for pre-cut pieces.  All I know is that I have $350 worth of paper due to be removed from my quilt.

Anyway, back to the block of the moment.  I like this Dear Jane border block, RR11 Hills of Jerusalem.  At the top there seems to be a bit of a wobble, but taking the paper out and some coercive quilting should sort that out.
Techniques: English Paper Piecing and Applique
Pieces: 31  pieces

3 comments:

  1. I saw the news of the paper pieces release and immediately thought of you. Look how much you saved by doing your own! It has been a remarkable journey. I can't wait to see it all together! Thanks for letting us all come along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I didn't see the wobble until you pointed it out. I'm sure a nudge with the iron and needle/thread will bring it to rights soon enough. Taking out all the papers at once? I think I might rather stick needles under my fingernails. I wish you luck with that chore!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given the variation across the Jane Stickle quilt, the book and EQ, one wonders what path the packaged paper pieces might follow. In any case, add a couple of kittens to your household and those paper pieces will be out in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete