Tuesday 17 April 2018

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's) Block 2 Autumn Tints

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (20's) 
Block 2 Autumn Tints
This little Farmer's Wife Quilt project had reached a standstill because I hadn't prepped any blocks.  A pending weekend away, with plenty of travel time to get some sewing done meant that I really needed to spend some time getting the bit and pieces together.  Just as well that I did as I managed to complete four blocks. This one is Block 2, Autumn Tints and makes the most of some fussy cut roses.

The trip away was to the 2018 British Quilt & Stitch Village, Uttoxeter, UK, where I had entered my Nearly Insane quilt into the Traditional Quilt category.  I won a 2nd rosette, but was also pleased to receive the People's Choice Award, which was a great surprise - thanks to everyone that voted!

3 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations on your success at the show!! I'm late commenting but I have had a few days of posts to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omygoshhhh it's amazing! The people had it right, the judges had it wrong! It should have won 1st. I can't imagine another quilt that could have been better than yours.
    Seriously incredible 🤗 Bravo!

    ReplyDelete