Tuesday 30 July 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 9


Block 9 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 9 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Somehow with all the hand quilting going on, I have managed to complete Block 9 of the Nearly Insane Quilt.  In fact it was finished off on the journey whilst delivering the quilt for the NEC Festival of Quilts Exhibition.
 
It was not too difficult a block, though I did have to concentrate to get the red stripe (Redwork Rendevous) all going in the same direction. Also I keep sewing the HSTs in the wrong direction.  If you have ever done pinwheels, I expect you may have come across the same problem.  In your head you think, this block is so simple, how can it go wrong?  Then you start sewing, and some pinwheels are turning in an opposite direction to the rest.....

Block 9 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 9 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Also, there is a subtle Cherry fabric theme in this block.  The "Days Gone By" fabric is a cherry pattern and some of the cream scraps I have used have a white cherry print on them too - probably hard to see via the internet, but they are there.  There is a bit of the Mama Said Sew range in there too - if you pop over to the Fat Quarter Shop today, they have the range on sale.
Linking up with Freemotion By the River

NUMBER OF PIECES
DIFFICULTY: 4/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle,3/4" (18mm) x 1/2" (13mm) x 1/2" (13mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Rectangle, 2 1/2" (64mm) x 3/4" (19mm)

TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:

"Somerset Shirtings" c 1890 by Julie Hendrickson and Nancy Gere, Windham Fabrics # 35205
"Days Gone By" for Exclusively Quilters
"Redwork Rendevous" by Alex Anderson for P&B Textiles
"Cream Zig Zag Stripe", Mama Said Sew, Sweetwater for Moda
Cream scraps

 

6 comments:

  1. I love the pinwheel in the center! I tend to shy away from larger scale fabrics in small quilts, but you are inspiring me to change. I love the cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful but oh my....what teeny tiny pieces! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is great. I just love pinwheels.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, been there with the pinwheel problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article. 야한동영상

    Click this link
    야설

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best article for anyone that wants to learn about this subject. 한국야동닷컴

    Click this link
    국산야동

    ReplyDelete