Sunday 16 December 2012

Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Quilt - Part 4

Part 4 of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery Quilt has been out for a few days now, and it is only today that I have been able to dedicate a few hours to getting it completed. 
Pfaff 2058 Sewing Machine - Flying Geese, Easy Street Quilt
Easy Street Quilt - Flying Geese
This time round we need to cut Flying Geese blocks, using the same colour for the large 'goose' as we used for Part 2, but using theTurquoise (= RED) for the wings.  I am glad I wrote out my colour scheme clearly in  my post a few days ago, it has been a VERY useful reference, to ensure that I have been using the right colours. Luckily, for Part 2 of the Easy Street Quilt I had cut surplus Flying Geese, so most of that cutting had been done.  I am now confident using the Creative Grids  45 / 90 degree ruler for strips, and so the cutting out for this part has not been so daunting. 


Part 4 - Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery Quilt
Part 4 - Easy Street Mystery Quilt
Once the Flying Geese have been constructed, the next step has been to attach them to the other set of Flying Geese that we made, to make a square block.  I made a few to start off with to check I knew what I was doing, and now have the weekly production line in operation.

Part 4 - Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Quilt with Cat
Suzi the Cat admires Part 4 of the Easy Street Quilt
When Part 4 was revealed on the Quiltville Blog, I was excited to see that we can now cut into our next colour, for me, this is PURPLE.   It has been a busy few days, so my usual slot for completing Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery Quilt, has been usurped by chores such as Christmas shopping and some extra work I have taken on leading up to Christmas. Also Suzi the Cat has not been in the mood for patchwork, whereas she is usually a great source of encouragement.  She is not very amused that I am using her chair as a 'design wall' either.

19 comments:

  1. Very nice, they sure look nice together.
    Just waiting for next Fri to come...for step #5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking good! I managed to get my cutting done, too, although now I'm in a panic about Christmas stuff that is undone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I have finished all mine and then realised they are upside down! going to leave them for now to see if it matters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to be using Christmas colors and sewing them up during the Holiday Season.
    Came to your site through Bonnie's Linky.
    I'm loving doing this mytery as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your Christmas colors. And Suzi is gorgeous even if she is unhappy!

    Cheryl in Friendsville
    www.katydidart.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Pretty! Isn't it fun to put some of the units together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Job well done! Love the layout and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job! And I'm very curious to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your color choices. They sure look nice the way you laid them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Christmas goose, looks good enough to eat :)
    Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fabric choices! My cats don't appreciate sharing their chairs either....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Easy Street is looking great. Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Precious Cat- nice colors on Easy Street!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely patches. Purple should fit very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will enjoy seeing what your colours look like together they sound yummy. The green red and tans are lovley so far. Yea for opur helpers but sometimes I wish mine would stop shedding on the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pieces look lovely, and the cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mystery blocks really sparkle. I think the purple will play nicely and look rich. LOL, Suzi does look a bit disgusted with her nap being interrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really liked your colors! I was determined to use what Bonnie did...but it's been a challenge...purple and green aren't big favs of mine!
    The kitty is georgous. Nice to have help sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I WANT YOURS! GUESS I CAN START OVER! LOVE LOVE YOUR FABRIC CHOICES! CANNOT WAIT TO SEE FINISHED PRODUCT!

    ReplyDelete