Monday 31 December 2012

Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Quilt - Part 6

I managed to print off the instructions for Part 6 of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery Quilt just before I left for a weekend away on Friday, only to read that we are heading for a Rapid Fire Finish! Being away, I have not managed to sort our Part 6 until today. 
It looked easy, but for some reason I have laboured over it for most of the day.  I think this is partly because I have reached the end of my 'black and white' prints, and the mix is more limited, so I have had to introduce some fabric from my Moda 'Seasonal Little Gatherings' 5" Charm Pack, which has taken longer to cut and sew. 
It was the same for the squares, some of my 'greens' were too narrow, so I was making the triangles up from smaller strips.  However, as you can see, I got there evenutally.
Part 6 Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery Quilt
Part 6 Easy Street Mystery Quilt
Bonnie has set the release of each part of the mystery quilt for when it is about 11 o'clock in the morning in the UK, so Part 7 has been live for over 7 hours. I have resisted the temptation to look at it before I completed Part 6, so that is where I am heading now.

No comments:

Post a Comment